Public notice is hereby given that the Council of the Town of Grenfell intends to initially consider a bylaw under The Planning and Development Act, 2007 to amend Bylaw No. 693-14, known as the Zoning Bylaw. Initial consideration will be made during the Regular Meeting of Council to be held on February 1, 2018 beginning at 7:00pm in the Town Office Council Chambers.
The proposed bylaw will replace the current Zoning District Map with a revised Zoning District Map.
See Attached Map
The reasons for the amendment are:
- To consolidate previous zoning amendments on one map
- To assign zoning districts to parcels between and adjacent to Sim Avenue and Highway 1
- To apply the R2 – Multiple Dwelling Residential District to all properties with existing legal non-conforming multiple unit dwellings as well as other areas within the Town to allow for future development of multiple unit dwellings.
- To apply the R1 – Low Density Residential District to a portion of the area zoned FUD – Future Urban Development in the northeast area of the Town
- To apply the CS – Community Service District to one property to align the zoning designation of the property with its current use.
- To apply the C2 – Commercial/Light Industrial District to properties north of Wolseley Ave between Pacific Street and Qu’Appelle Street.
- To apply the HPC – High/Profile Commercial/Light Industrial District to properties along the west side of Highway 47 between Assiniboia Ave and Alberta Street.
Any person may inspect the bylaw at the municipal office between 9:00 am and 4:30 pm on Monday to Friday excluding statutory holidays. Copies are available at cost.
Issued at Town of Grenfell this 24th day of January, 2018.
Signed: Victoria MacDonald, CAO